Final Project: Anthotype Instructable Prints
For my final project, I researched how to make anthotype photographs, collected various plant matter, and produced several anthotype prints from my findings. I shared my results via Instructables.com at this link: https://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Anthotype-Prints-Photography
What I Learned:
The biggest thing I learned from this project was to anticipate unforeseen variables that may interfere with your final product. I personally didn't anticipate just how long this process would take, which really threw me for a loop. I anticipated the development process to take a few hours to a day at most and found that the best results occur with a much longer exposure time (3-7 days). I also did not plan for overcast days, which altered my results, causing them to be more faint than I had hoped they would be.
Creating the Instructable definitely helped me determine the ways in which I can improve this process in the future, and, in addition, was fun to create! I enjoyed this final project greatly and look forward to revisiting this process in the future to apply my insights.
Additionally, here are all of the photographs I took as part of my documentation of this process (some also posted in Instructable).
Beet, blackberries, frozen blueberries, Camellia flowers, organic spinach, muscadine leaves
Flowers collected from UWF Camellia garden
Dried blackberry prints
blueberry, spinach, camellia flower, and blueberry prints (left to right)